May 2016: Biodiversity offsets
Speakers (name have links to presentations where available):
- Kate Auty – ACT Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment
- Dr Phil Gibbons – Senior lecturer in Ecology ANU
- Kathryn Tracy – Senior Manager, Nature Conservation Policy, Environment and Planning Directorate
- Clare McInness – Environmental Offsets Planning Coordinator, ACT Parks and Conservation Service – Environmental Offsets in the ACT
- Larry O’Loughlin – Executive Director, Conservation Council ACT Region – Biodiversity Offset Governance (we’d like to see)
February 2016: Climate change in Canberra: what do we need to do next?
Following the historic UN climate change agreement made by 195 nations in December 2015, it’s time to review what we need to do here in Canberra. Professor Will Steffen, Member of the ACT Climate Council and Councillor with the Climate Council of Australia gave an overview of current climate science and solutions, the UN agreement and what this means for Australia and the ACT.
- Prof Will Steffen Presentation 25 February Conservation Council Environment Exchange
- Antonio Mozqueira from climate change at the ACT Environment and Planning Directorate updated us on the ACT’s emission reduction policies and progress, and outlined the draft Climate Adaptation Strategy now open for comment. Environment and Planning Directorate Presentation 25 February Conservation Council env exchange
- Phoebe Howe, Assistant Director of the Conservation Council addressed what the community needs to be doing to keep the ACT on track to tackle climate change, in line with climate science and the Paris climate agreement. Phoebe Howe presentation 25 February Conservation Council Environment Exchange