The Conservation Council ACT Region relies heavily on the assistance given by many individuals and organisations who freely donate their time, money, or resources. The Council’s work is focussed on working with members, donors and volunteers to find positive and active solutions for a continued healthy environment.
The Council understands that people may be concerned about disclosing their private details. The Council has strong measures in place to protect personal details being used incorrectly.
The Conservation Council collects information when a member, donor, or volunteer provides us with their personal details. We may ask for information, such as name, home or e-mail address, phone number, receipting information, and credit card details if you have approved a transaction, such as a donation or item purchase.
Information is kept in a secure database accessible only to authorised personnel.
We may use the information to:
- email or write to you know about campaigns, fundraising activities or volunteering opportunities.
- email or write to you know of events, workshops, conferences, talks and other activities that either the Council or our partner and/or Member organisations might be hosting.
- let others know about you if you have authorised it (for instance, if you have volunteered for an activity, your contact details may be passed on to the activity organiser).
- pass on your information to third-party service providers who are undertaking work on behalf of the Council
We do not pass on your details to third parties for their own purposes or for commercial purposes.
• If you provide personal information to us about another person (such as an RSVP to an event for a friend), then their details will be added to the Council’s communications list. If they do not wish to receive communications from the Council, they can opt-out by unsubscribing on any communications material.
• Information about you that is collected by the Council is held only as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service or information required or until our legal requirement to hold that information expires. For example, if you are a regular donor and you request the cessation of monthly donations, we will delete the credit card details, ask if you would still like to receive periodic donations requests and archive the record if the answer is no. We are required to keep a record of the donation for seven years for tax reasons, after which we will be able to delete the record completely.
Opt out facility
Members or non-members can opt out of one or all of our services at any time by contacting us by mail, e-mail, phone or fax. Each fax, e-mail or mail-out will give the recipient the option of not receiving further communications of this nature.
Website – cookies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them, noting this may restrict your access to a website, (ie, it will block website services that are cookie-enabled).
Linked web sites
As a service to those accessing the Conservation Council website, links are made from Conservation Council’s web pages to the websites of many other organisations. Please note other sites are not covered by this policy. You will need to check the Privacy Policies of those specific organisations if you intend to access their sites.
Access to information
Members, donors, and volunteers can request access or update their details by contacting us by phone on 02 6229 3200, by e-mail at email@example.com or by writing to Conservation Council ACT Region, GPO Box 544, Canberra City ACT 2601.